Widelux Troubleshooting helps bring a shared passion to life with photographers, architects, collectors and artists around the world …
These fully mechanical devices are works of art! Micro-mechanical jewelry.
Widelux repair and maintenance (CLA) requires excellent tools and specific high quality lubricants.
If you want your Widelux to make you and future generations happy, have it serviced by a specialist once every 10 years.
Before sending me your Widelux, please fill in the following form: https://mondepanneur.fr/mes-services/estimer-une-reparation
Users from all continents have trusted me since 1983 …
So that the passion lives!
Widelux history: https://fr.qwe.wiki/wiki/Widelux
The complete review of a Widelux includes:
- Complete disassembly, cleaning, lubrication and checking (CLA),
- Disassembly of the shutter speed and rotary shutter control mechanisms,
- Degreasing then lubricating the slow rotating shaft bearings with Molykote 44,
- Degreasing then lubricating fast bearings with Moebius 9010/2,
- Dismantling of the turret and its objective,
- Cleaning the well, the toothed wheel and its axle with benzene,
- Reassembly and lubrication of the well bottom toothed wheel with MOS2 grease (molybdenum bisulphite) or GR2 hyper-grease,
- Disassembly, cleaning and lubrication of the diaphragm control toothed crown,
- Cleaning the lens barrel and lubricating the aperture ring,
- 1) Unscrewing the front lens to clean the optical units and degumming the diaphragm: Preventive fungicidal treatment of the objective lenses
- 2) It was not necessary to unscrew the front lens (objective disassembly) to clean the optical units or degumming the diaphragm: Preventive fungicidal treatment of the objective in UV housing,
- Verification of speeds and controls,
- Reassembly and passage to the Kyoritsu EF-8000 test bench.